3rd Generation! SC-1mk3 Mic Preamp Kit
The SC-1mk3 Mic Preamp is a clean, "fast", clear, low-noise, high-gain preamp. It's sound is very transparent, offering a flat response, smooth highs and well-defined mids.
None – this feature was introduced in the original SC-1 preamp (mk1 version)
mk2 – this feature was first introduced in the SC-1mk2 version, and also available in the mk3 version
mk3 – this feature is new for the SC-1mk3 version
- Low-Noise, High-Quality Mic Preamp
- All solid-state design, using chipsets from THAT Corp and Burr-Brown
- Soft-start, slow ramp-on +48V phantom power
- mk2: Option to use input transformer for added sound “flavor”
- mk2: Gain range from +12 to +72dB, in 6dB increments from +12db to +42dB; 4dB increments from 46dB to 72dB.
- mk2: Onboard Power Supply Regulation, adjustable +/- voltage rails
- mk2: Reduced clicking and popping when changing gains
- mk3: Further reduced clicking and popping when changing gains
- mk3: Robust 48Volt short circuit protection (from accidental phantom power shorts)
- mk3: LED-lighted push buttons for phantom power, -20dB pad and polarity reverse
- mk3: VU Meter, 5-LED bargraph
- mk3: Relay controlled Pads
- mk3: Relay controlled Polarity Reverse
- mk3: Bigger PCB area, more room to work with
- mk3: Hole locations compatible with our X-12 Mic Preamp. (Now you can have (1) X-12 Mic Preamp and (1) SC-1mk3 Mic Preamp in the same 1u Rack Case)
- Electronically balanced input and output stages with option to use Input Transformer
- 12-position Grayhill gain selector switch
- Input RFI protection
- Input clamping protection
- Output surge protection circuit
- Output RFI protection
- High quality Bourns, sealed, conductive plastic potentiometer for volume control
- Gold-plated, machined, low-profile IC sockets
- Use of high quality 1% Metal Film resistors, and high-quality ceramic and electrolytic capacitors
- Solder pads for optional INSERT jacks
- On-board jumper terminals
- Easy to assemble, easy to troubleshoot design
- Thick PCB board with 2oz. copper
- Very affordable!!! This is quality product that is reasonably affordable! (i.e. because there are no middlemen, and we don’t do expensive glossy magazine advertising! )
Ready-Made 1u Front Panel
Create a professional looking case for your DIY project. Get our ready-made Front Panel!
This 1u front panel is made from Anodized Black Aluminum, 0.125" thick. It has been pre-drilled using an accurate CNC machine, and there are pre-drilled holes for the gain, trim controls, push button switches, and for the 5-LED VU Meter. Holes for the power switch and Panel LED lamp are also provided. This front panel is designed to work with Par-Metal.com 19" rack cases.
You'll also get (2) Front Panel transparent sticker/decals with easy to read white labels for your controls, knobs and switches. It's easy to apply: Just peel the sticker backsheet, align the sticker with the front panel holes, stick it on, and peel off the protective top sheet.
Note: For best results, wait 24-48 hours after application of decal/sticker for the decal to "cure" and completely "meld" with the aluminum front panel. Any "bubbles" or uneven-ness will disappear and the decal will adhere to the aluminum front panel very strongly. See additional photos below.